*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
- GCM PTSA Calendar
10th Grade Parent/Guardian Teen Traffic Safety - Mandatory 7-8:30pm
Parent/guardian –Teen Traffic Safety Program
As a part of classroom driver education instruction, students and their parent/guardian are required to attend a 90-minute traffic safety program. This requirement must be met before a student will receive a Driver Education Certificate of Completion (DEC-1 card). This quarter, the program will be held on Monday, September 26th beginning promptly at 7:00 pm in the auditorium. The legislative requirement is for a 90-minute program, therefore, doors will be shut at 7:00 p.m. No one will be admitted after the doors have been closed. You are strongly encouraged to attend the program at this time. If you are unable to attend at this time, additional program dates are provide on the back of this sheet.
This program will provide parent/guardian and student with information about:
- Parent’s role in teen driving
- The teenage brain
- Teen driving risks
- Graduated licensing laws in VA
- Effective driving skills
- Driver education
- Interacting with law enforcement
- Parent/teen driving contract
A registration form will be completed the evening of the program. To complete the registration form, the parent or guardian will need his/her driver license or state issued identification number. The parent/guardian will attest to their identity on the form.
Please be aware of the following procedures that have been established to fulfill the requirements of the law:
- Student must attend with his/her parent or guardian
- Attendance for the full 90-minute presentation is required
- Those arriving late will not be admitted
- Those leaving early will not receive a certificate of completion
- Proper completion of the registration form is required
- Registration forms must be submitted at the conclusion of the program by the parent/guardian and student; only one form will be accepted and the form will be checked for completion
- The program must be completed during the school year in which the student is enrolled in grade 10 health and physical education
- No program fees will be charged to students currently enrolled in FCPS grade 10 health and driver education course. Fees, as allowed by Virginia Department of Education, will be assessed if the program is completed through ACE.
- Certificates of completion are valid until August 31, 2012. If a student has not successfully completed classroom driver education by this date, the program must be repeated to meet juvenile licensing requirements.
Please allow extra time for arrival and departure. The presentation is 90-minutes, registration and departure is in addition to this time.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Cornell Williams at (703) 714-5468 or at firstname.lastname@example.org .